Why become a member? ×

Bass - Lead - Amp

Supernaut

10 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Curious but do you use them all during a gig ?

If so what kind of music are you playing. ?

That's a lot of pedals and this is the small board :biggrin:

Dave.

Short answer, yes! But it's not as daunting as it first seems. The comp is always on, as is the Seamoon as I'm just using it as a lpf, and the bright onion are just switchers. 

I'm in a covers band which ranges from 50/60s up. So the envelope filters get used a lot with disco/groove numbers, as does the grape phaser which is super funky. The octamizer is great for adding beef in heavier numbers and when you switch in the Fwonkbeta and fuzz you get a great heavy synth sound for the electro stuff.

Echo to add body in the sparse songs, and the SLO reverb is the least used for special occasions. 

To be honest I could just use... nothing! But for me, as I'm in a covers band, the devil is in the detail, and it's the icing on the cake. Anybody who thinks the audience doesn't care or notice is doing them a disservice and underestimating their appreciation of our art. Not that you need loads of effects to practice our art, just not a contempt for your audience. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Curious but do you use them all during a gig ?

If so what kind of music are you playing. ?

That's a lot of pedals and this is the small board :biggrin:

Dave.

PS in fairness the larger board is just where I put all my favourite pedals, half of which all do the same thing but have great artwork on them (primarily how I actually choose a pedal to buy!). 

• Like 1