Why become a member? ×

5 string double bass neck (lightly reliced). Awesome Project material.

BillB

I've been hanging on to this for years, and the state of the bench says i need to thin the projects out a bit. The original bass completely collapsed, I was asked to get rid of it and I salvaged this bit. My plan was to repurpose it into a 5 string electric upright. In my head it was a very cool idea. Honestly, never going to happen, even if I did I probably would be rubbish playing it. It's a bit rough as you can see from the pics, and the fingerboard needs re bonding as it's started to lift a little.20230806_210911.thumb.jpg.6b085201c12b2c26cb59553aa1135b7a.jpg20230806_211010.thumb.jpg.0a28525bf6908c2dbe1abb1ad9b48799.jpg20230806_211044.thumb.jpg.fbd9c86dbde9cec0913d959307548ae5.jpg

So anybody want a slightly daft project?

I'm near Portsmouth but work in Bloomsbury London for collection.

Edited by BillB

• BillB changed the title to 5 string double bass neck (lightly reliced). Awesome Project material.

If you cover all shipping costs +one pint of guiness for my troubles yes. Where would you want it posting?

Just checked your profile  I'm off to Pocklington with the family end of this week, that's more your neck of the woods!

Edited by BillB

• 3 weeks later...