Why become a member? ×

Fender 1979 Precision Bass Bitsa US/MIJ on hold - *SOLD*
£1245
Lancaster

ash

A reluctant sale but needs must - selling my late 70’s Fender Precision ‘bitsa’ bass. Put together by myself using all Fender parts sourced online and from this forum.
Sadly the P bass neck profile no longer suits me following the recent op on my fretting hand so I’m playing slimmer necked Musicman US Sterlings these days. Hopefully continued physio will enable me to play wider necked basses again and I still have my faithful JV Precision and my old Tele Bass to keep me company when that time comes. About the bass - neck is from a 1979 US Precision and has a lovely maple board. The person I bought it from also sold me the neck plate and black neck cushion, all from the same bass. The tuners and string retainer are original to the bass. The nut has been replaced with a brass one. 

The body I bought from here and it’s an early noughties late 90’s MIJ Fender body. Nice and light and probably made of alder the Fender Japan pickup and electrics are original to that body too. The bridge is also from a Japanese Fender, the scratchplate is aftermarket but I also have the white original MIJ one which I can include. 

The bass has no case but I should have a gig bag knocking around for it. 

The body and neck match up better than many late 70’s Fender I’ve owned and at 4.2kgs it’s much lighter than the basses from that era too.

Trussrod works as it ought to, frets are in great shape, neck nice and straight with very few dings (see pics). 

Currently strung with  D’Addario round wounds. 

It sounds like any great Precision bass ought to, played with a pick you can get those classic aggressive rock and punk sounds and finger style from funk to jazz and anywhere between. It slaps well too.

I’m pricing it at what it owes me to put it together. Sorry no trades.

Pickup preferred but I can post in the UK for free if required. 

Edited by ash
Sold
  • Like 5

• ash changed the title to Fender 1979 Precision Bass Bitsa US/MIJ £1195
  • ash changed the title to Fender 1979 Precision Bass Bitsa US/MIJ sold