Why become a member? ×

Bass Monkey Precision bass, nice relic ON HOLD - *SOLD*
£500
Bath

pajhartley

Excellent example of @walshy's work, a black/maple P-bass, reliced as supplied.

I actually got this as a trade from Paul for a Line 6 Helix, and was very pleased with the trade, but now this is surplus to requirements (I only use my '79 P-bass and a couple of LTDs now).

So it's as pictured. As I remember (perhaps Paul could provide more detail) it's got a Bareknuckle pup, and has a Gotoh hi-mass bridge, not sure of the tuners but they're very precise & responsive. I've added Schaller straploks. I think it's good that it has the Bass Monkey logo, as opposed to a Fender decal.

It plays & sounds superb - the Bareknuckle is nicely aggressive & responsive with a JJ Burnel feel to it, if I'm honest. So if you're after that Stranglers vibe ...

I'm starting at £500 - a very low price for one of these, tbh, I think the price for these is usually > £1,000, but I'm aware of the current economic environment and although I'm not desperate to sell, I'd like this to go to someone who'd use it in anger!

Collection from fairly central Bath, Somerset, and I'll deliver within 90 miles (thus avoiding coming into London!!) for nothing. Otherwise I can post, although I'd take the neck off & pack up that way.

Viewings/auditions welcome.

IMG_1564.jpeg

IMG_1565.jpeg

IMG_1566.jpeg

IMG_1567.jpeg

IMG_1569.jpeg

IMG_1568.jpeg

Edited by pajhartley
Sold
  • Like 7

• pajhartley changed the title to Bass Monkey Precision bass, nice relic SOLD