Why become a member? ×

Sire / Marcus Miller U5 4 string short-scale mint condition £295 - *SOLD*
£295
West Sussex

Earbrass

I bought this from knackeredjazz of this parish back at the end of March. It is in mint condition, and comes complete with tags and the supplied allen keys. It was my first foray into short-scale basses, and while I like the scale I found after a while that I was not getting on with the neck, which is a tad thicker than I am used to. It can be strung through the body or through the bridge (use long scale strings for through-body stringing). It has rolled fretboard edges, and all the quality you'd expect from Sire. It is currently strung with a set of Fender flats. It has had only home use while in my possession, and I believe that knackeredjazz only used it for one recording session. I have kept it in a gigbag. Weight (using the traditional "stand on bathroom scales holding vs not holding the bass" method) is around 7.6lb.

Collection or meet-up preferred (I am a few miles north of Brighton), but I have the original box for it, so could post at the buyer's expense and risk. I can also supply a gig bag for it (Thomann deluxe e-guitar bag), which is a perfect fit and was bought just for this bass, so nearly new - see pictures, for an extra £25. Thanks for looking.

03_BodyFront.thumb.jpg.fd8af109cd4ee467abef64f6c8ba20b3.jpg04_BodyBack.thumb.jpg.2790603740ffe7f0850647ebaacff078.jpg

01_Front.thumb.jpg.a3de719aa1ad920e90d7ba190141f98d.jpg

02_Back.thumb.jpg.e44cd83ebb1dfe1825048b9005adc9bf.jpg

05_HeadstockFront.thumb.jpg.f087afe25de7d1fec509eccca49d1ecc.jpg

06_HeadstockBack.jpg

07_BitsNBobs.jpg

08_BagFront.jpg

09_BagBack.jpg

10_BagLabel.jpg

Review from LowEndLobster:

Edited by Earbrass
sold
  • Like 7

• Earbrass changed the title to Sire / Marcus Miller U5 4 string short-scale mint condition £295

Hello, I'm Martin and I live in Bromley. I've literally just joined Basschat to talk to you about this bass. I'm thinking of going short scale and I'm looking at Sire U5 and Chowny SWB1.

Can I see/play the bass please?

2 hours ago, jwhw1993 said:

Hello, I'm Martin and I live in Bromley. I've literally just joined Basschat to talk to you about this bass. I'm thinking of going short scale and I'm looking at Sire U5 and Chowny SWB1.

I've had a Chowny and a U5. The Chowny was great but I sold it and I've still got the U5. Build quality seemed better

8 hours ago, jwhw1993 said:

Hi Martin, yes, of course. I have sent you a private message.

Edited by Earbrass

On 23/07/2023 at 11:10, jwhw1993 said:

I've had several SWB1 basses. Very nice but the neck dive was too much for me.

• Earbrass changed the title to SOLD Sire / Marcus Miller U5 4 string short-scale mint condition £295