Why become a member? ×

Midi ideas?

Mizzle

Hi all,

My current board consists of a Tuner, Source Audio C4 and the expression pedal, Darkglass - B7K, B3K, Hyperluminal and V1 Strymon El Capitan.

I have various other pedals, like fuzz, proton V2, mxr bass octave deluxe to name a few.

I'll soon be getting a DMC 3XL and wondering other than the C4 some better uses for a Midi journey.

I feel that the B3K and B7K both being on the same board feels a bit redundant but I was using the B7K as more of a preamp.

Open to suggestions of what I can do or routes to take to take more advantage of Midi.

In a covers band that mostly play funk, soul and rock n roll.

Thanks Matt

For live use maybe consider replacing the lot (or most of them) with a multi-effects pedal?

I'm a big fan of the Line6 Helix. I did recently have a play with adding additional MIDI controlled effects via the effects loops on the Helix, but found it was all too much hassle for now and have decided that if it can't be done within the Helix I don't need it for live use.

In the studio it's a different matter, Using the Helix as my audio interface it is possible to record simultaneously the sound with and without effects. I can then either use the Helix Native plugin to re-create my patches or replace them entirely with other effects available in my DAW.

i wouldnt go as far as big red but if you want to you could replace the DG pedals with say the larger midi controlled Infinity? this also has a tuner....

sadly with the pedals you have said you have on the board only the C4 is actually midi so not really alot you can do currently.....

Thank you both, some food for thought as it were.

I've just purchased the C4 so not looking to move that on at the moment.

The HX Stomp does sound interesting though as does the Darkglass. I'll see if anyone else has any thoughts or other pedal suggestions to build something up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mizzle said:

Thank you both, some food for thought as it were.

I've just purchased the C4 so not looking to move that on at the moment.

The HX Stomp does sound interesting though as does the Darkglass. I'll see if anyone else has any thoughts or other pedal suggestions to build something up.

all depends what your after sound wise i guess, the Boss 200 series are cool pedals aswell wth full midi control