Why become a member? ×

Is this for real ?

Dusty

I started off on Ebay buying music books and perhaps the odd CD, small present here and there. Then after a while you realise that, if everyone els can do it (sell), then so can I!

I don't find selling a chore anymore and I try and be as creative as possible. And as a buyer, I'll look to Ebay before anywhere else on the internet; vast range, new and used, plus, you often get items within two days.

Edited by paul, the

Selling or buying loads of low value items is no sure fire way of building a good rating and gaining a buyers trust. I am more wary of someone who has done that than I am of someone who has joined eBay just to sell one expensive item!

There isn't a guaranteed way of becoming a good eBayer other than to give a full and detailed description, with possibly a range of appropriate pics and invite people to try before they buy or at least give the option to collect. If you are new to eBay and intend buying an expensive item contact a seller and tell them so, possibly giving them a contact number to show you are serious.

'No reply'... 'No buy'! IMHO

[quote name='Linz' post='4173' date='May 22 2007, 09:25 AM']I wouldn't touch this with a bargepole. If you look at his previous sale, the buyer is in the United States (for a kiddies bike??) and HE only has 77.8% positive feedback. Twice he didnt pay for the goods, and 4 of his sellers are no longer registered with Ebay! I think they may both be in on a scam... :huh:

Also there appears to be no reserve price and for a real fender you would expect it to have one (they start at £50 upwards).

Finally, I have checked the geography too - there is no place called Dunedin in the UK. The seller is registered in the UK.

Bad move all round! :)[/quote]

maybe he meant dundeen :haha

and [url="http://www.cityofdunedin.com/city/home.html"]http://www.cityofdunedin.com/city/home.html[/url]

NZ?!

BESIDES, he clearly states american. the old mex jazzes had those pickguards

[quote name='Dusty' post='3713' date='May 21 2007, 04:11 PM']I like the look of this, but something just dont seem right, not helped by a feedback of 1 and a very vauge location !
Please let me have your opinions.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190114971356&rd=1&rd=1"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1[/url]

Thanks,

Dusty[/quote]

This ends in the morning, I for goodness sake hope that no one loses out £300.

I once saw a 'PERCISION' bass on Ebay a few months ago. It was a 'given by my dad' 'been in the attic' job, with a pic of a '70s Precision. It sold for £680 I think. I caught up a few weeks later; no feedback was left by either party. I emailed the buyer, no reply. My guess he'd either topped himself or just given up on Ebay.

Is it worth the risk for something real special?

paul.

[quote name='paul, the' post='4915' date='May 23 2007, 04:48 AM']This ends in the morning, I for goodness sake hope that no one loses out £300.
I once saw a 'PERCISION' bass on Ebay a few months ago. It was a 'given by my dad' 'been in the attic' job, with a pic of a '70s Precision. It sold for £680 I think. I caught up a few weeks later; no feedback was left by either party. I emailed the buyer, no reply. My guess he'd either topped himself or just given up on Ebay.

Is it worth the risk for something real special?
paul.[/quote]

Well its gone now for 300stg--he never responded to requests for details,location etc--lets hope whoever one gets it--a bargain at 300?