Why become a member? ×

MB1 and advice

witterth

Hi guys,

Ive been lacking on the site since my great Friend MB1 passed so unexpectedly. head really f**ed by it he was one of my best mates.

I wanted to ask you guys (as I cant ask Martin) what the thoughts were on a Phil Jones practice combo?

( okay Ive already pulled the trigger to be honest)

Whats the thoughts ?  its as small 1x10(?) and i needed sommat small for a UKE band ( I know.. buts its fun) so it has to be a wee one help/thoughts /advice?

I have a little ashdown 30w thing as well..... the days of my trace super rig are gone eh?.......

thanks guys......

It was a shock… and always sad when we loose one of our members. I hope you’re doing better.

Anything Phil Jones is great in my experience. I have the Big Head headphone amp, quality little device. You won’t be disappointed with your purchase.

I've got a Briefcase and a little Double Four. 

Most of my gigs now are loosely acoustic based and so the Briefcase comes out. Very small gigs I sometimes even use the Double Four - if there's going to be a PA of sorts it's often enough but I just did a gig to a small room of about 30 people (no mics, no PA) in a four piece band (cajon - no drum kit) and it coped well.

Impressed with Phil Jones gear and service from the UK distributor is great too.