Why become a member? ×

(REDUCED: £900) Mensinger Cazpar 5 string [EADGC], 32" scale - *WITHDRAWN*
£1100
Camden Town, London

Oncancio

Hi all,

I am selling my Mensinger Cazpar 5 string, 32" scale, with the 5th string being a high C instead of a low B (EADGC). 

I am the second owner of this bass guitar. I bought it in June 2020 (after arriving in the UK) from Basschat user Embra, who got it directly from Adrian Kuban-Maruszczyk in September 2019. I always dreamed of a bass with this configuration, but I don't have time to play anymore, and I'll have to leave the UK in some time - so the bass has to go. 

The bass has never left my home and is in excellent condition, except for 3 tiny spots in the bridge (A string slot) where the chrome has peeled. I have highlighted those spots in the bridge picture. The bass guitar could also use a new set of strings.

I am including the original Mensinger strap, Mensinger gig bag, and paperwork. Also, a couple of freebies which are the bass items I have left: A VOX Amplug 2, a small stand, and a tuning fork (last picture).

The price is £1100 £1000 £900. I strongly prefer collection: I am located in Camden Town, London, but I am willing to meet halfway or to take a short train to meet if you want to try out the bass guitar. Please note that I do not own an amp (only kept the amplug, which is not great), so please consider this if you want to meet. 

I can arrange fully insured UPS shipping if collection is impossible (buyer pays postage). 

The specs are:

Solid-body alder body with an eye poplar top wood.
Body Finish: Matte
Neck Construction: Bolt on
Neck Wood: Hard Rock Maple (1-piece)

Neck Finish: Matte
Nut Width: 45mm
Fingerboard Wood: Katalox
Fingerboard Inlays: White Acrylic Dots
Fingerboard Radius: Without Radius
Headstock Type: Matching Headstock (Natural)
Headstock Logo Mensinger 'White'
Pickup Combination Split Coil/Single Coil Set;  neck pup Haeussel PB 5 SPC, bridge pup Bridge Pickup Haeussel JB 5 HB
Onboard preamp: Aguilar OBP-2 TK, active 2-band

Hardware Color Chrome
Bridge Spacing: 19mm
Bridge Type: Standard Big
Knobs Type: Dome-Style
Tuner Type: Standard Y-Style
String Type: Nickel (EADGC)
Nylon Gigbag
Medium Size tee-shirt (unworn!)
Weight: 8lbs. 

Thanks!

IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.JPG

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

Edited by Oncancio
Lowering Price
  • Like 6

Ooh, I'd love this! 😍

I used to own the 30" version of this and it was superb (although it was too short of a scale for me, so this would be perfect..)

VAT would probably ruin it for me tho as I'm not in the UK, but someone should snap this up asap, these cazpar's are superb quality instruments and the neck profile is to die for! ;) 

Edited by Bassdude BE
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Oncancio changed the title to (REDUCED: £900) Mensinger Cazpar 5 string [EADGC], 32" scale
On 19/06/2023 at 13:31, robiredale said:

Hi - been watching this. Have you ever tried this guitar in standard BEADG tuning?

See any reason why it wouldn't work?

Hi - sorry for my late reply. Mmmm…other than the nut size/spacing I don’t see a reason why it wouldn’t work. However, I never tried it nor did any research into it, so don’t take my word for it. 

• Oncancio changed the title to withdrawn (REDUCED: £900) Mensinger Cazpar 5 string [EADGC], 32" scale