Why become a member? ×

My new Jazz bass ( featuring Baguley neck and Dimarzio and Avedissian pickups! )

0175westwood29

On 04/05/2023 at 05:34, 0175westwood29 said:

weight wise the neck is about 4lbs I think not measured just going of what they say, atm it neck dives I’ve got some weights I’m gonna add to the lower horn to help that, bass is def a heavy one hour easily talking 11lbs I guess 

If you want to change the center of gravity, moving the rear strap button towards the forearm cut will have a big effect without adding extra weight. Gaffa tape is your friend if you want to conduct a quick test without making any permanent mods.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SubsonicSimpleton said:

If you want to change the center of gravity, moving the rear strap button towards the forearm cut will have a big effect without adding extra weight. Gaffa tape is your friend if you want to conduct a quick test without making any permanent mods.

i based the neck dive comment on the on sitting down since taking it to a jam it actually doesnt neck dive weirdly! so all good

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Dazed said:

I like that. Cool Neck and have a growing thing for non stock pickups on fender basses. How does the tbird pickup compare to other brands similar ones?

Tbh honest I’ve only played one other thunderbird pickup and that was years ago in an epi t bird, the Avedissian is a great pickup punchy and aggressive, hopefully be able to shout about the other replacement early next week 

• Like 1

• 0175westwood29 changed the title to My new Jazz bass ( featuring Baguley neck and Dimarzio and Avedissian pickups! )