Why become a member? ×

May this be the Composition Challenge

lurksalot

On 16/06/2023 at 22:41, funkgod said:

well impressed with Solaria it sounds great, never heard of it before, i do have new york backing singers, word manipulation i think is not as good as this for clarity of words, ! but is still very good, so... just counting my cash in the piggy bank 🙂 thanks for that

Yeah this is on another level than the EW/QL wordbuilders and Vocaloid. I'm not that happy with this track, but what really impressed me was this was literally the first thing I did with Synthesizer V / Solaria, right after I bought it and downloaded. I set up two basic voice profiles for the quiet verse and loud chorus, played in the notes live with a MIDI keyboard and typed in the vocals and that was it. No further editing whatsoever, everything is AI generated. It took about 40 minutes start to finish, including going through the (terrible - documentation is not this software's strong point!) tutorial to learn how to use it. With some detailed editing of pitch, vibrato etc. I'm sure Solaria could be indistinguishable from a real singer.

sorry should of read "Hollywood" backing singers.... (Edted)

its impressive no doubt, it sucked me right it, i found with hollywood

it took alot of messing about to get right, it would suck a few hours of your life away just to get

small things to sound right, but once grasped, your good to go, this is another level i think,

if only EW could do this in the same way as hollywood backing singers, that would be good.

i did wonder if lettuce used EW?HBS toward the end of their track "Love is too strong" ? if so they made good use of it,

not too much, just enough...al check it out.

Edited by funkgod