Why become a member? ×

ODB-3 vs Pork & Pickle

northcountrybob

Oi Oi! 

Just wondering what y'all make of the Way Huge Pork & Pickle?

I'm trying to squeeze another pedal onto my Nano+ by going to pedals with top mounted jacks. I've been using the ODB-3 for a while. I run the Gain almost at min, and the Balance up at 2 o'clock. I boost bass with it a bass too. I find it gets very saturated quite quickly with gain much higher. I like how it sounds but pretty much only when dialed in one way. Also, as it's a boss pedal with side mounted jacks it takes up a bit of space.  

I'm looking at alternatives to add a bit of hair. Top mounted jacks. The Pork & Pickle popped up. Just wondering if there is anything else compact out there. I was looking at Earthquaker stuff but not sure if any of their drives are ideal. Not sure if a clean blend is essential. 

7 hours ago, northcountrybob said:

Oi Oi! 

Just wondering what y'all make of the Way Huge Pork & Pickle?

I'm trying to squeeze another pedal onto my Nano+ by going to pedals with top mounted jacks. I've been using the ODB-3 for a while. I run the Gain almost at min, and the Balance up at 2 o'clock. I boost bass with it a bass too. I find it gets very saturated quite quickly with gain much higher. I like how it sounds but pretty much only when dialed in one way. Also, as it's a boss pedal with side mounted jacks it takes up a bit of space.  

I'm looking at alternatives to add a bit of hair. Top mounted jacks. The Pork & Pickle popped up. Just wondering if there is anything else compact out there. I was looking at Earthquaker stuff but not sure if any of their drives are ideal. Not sure if a clean blend is essential. 

Pork and pickle all day! No contest. Best drive I've ever used, sold it on as it wasn't really needed and I was using when I shouldn't 🤣. If I ever get enough space on my board and need a drive it'll be the first pedal I buy. The clean blend isn't strictly clean, but what it adds is fantastic!

I can't remember how I came to the ODB-3. I think because it was cheap and relatively available second hand. Steve Queralt of Ride has one on his board. I does one sound I happen to like, but I wouldn't say it's versatile. 

I'm going to try a pork & pickle as soon as I can get chance. I did however just order a damnation MBD2 (which I think was being sold on this board a while ago) off Reverb. Saw some videos I really liked and thought I'd risk it since the price wasn't far off a new Pork & Pickle. I need to try the P&P too. I like having ready available options in case my pedals get kicked across a room and something gets broken...  

New ST-300 Mini Turbo Tuner arrived today! So with a chorus and distortion pedal change I should be able to fit a "wild card" pedal on the board.