Why become a member? ×

Acinonyx bass - series vs parallel mode

TeatroLirico

A question for you cat bass owners…

I have always been puzzled reading about the all-in series mode on this bass. When I go all-in, my bass is definitely not louder than just using the first button pressed (parallel mode).

Anyone else?

Is it possible my bass is wired up differently?

I just tried mine and it is definitely louder in all-in (series) mode than in parallel. Are you sure all the switches are engaging when you put it in series? I have a hell of a struggle getting mine into series mode. I would happily trade the mute button for a one button series switch.

4 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

I asked about the 3 / 4 buttons in, over on TB and it was totally inconclusive as to which is what setting but you get 2 different sounds... at least on my bass you do!  :)  

Well indeed - I always thought 3 buttons was lacking, but I thought “well this must be it, otherwise… what is *this* setting”

5 minutes ago, nordygrrl said:

yep its 4.  and it takes some practice to engage.  It's a lighter touch than you might think. I love how the forum jumps in and helps answer the questions posted.  You guys are awesome.

yeah, sorry for summoning you for nothing!

7 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

1 button in is parallel is it not?  1 button in sounds different to 3 buttons in.

I’ve been wondering about that and had come to the conclusion that 3 is not different to button 1 but I have to admit my hearing is not what it was.

three switches down is all three pups in parallel for the V2. 4 switches down is series.
on the v2 if you press 3 buttons down is the same as pressing the first button.  both pups in parallel.  four buttons down is in series.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nordygrrl said:

three switches down is all three pups in parallel for the V2. 4 switches down is series.
on the v2 if you press 3 buttons down is the same as pressing the first button.  both pups in parallel.  four buttons down is in series.

I take it your third sentence is referring to the V1, twin pickup version?

Edited by Obrienp