Why become a member? ×

Laney amps

rogo

so I’ve heard good things about laney guitar amps but I can’t really find anything on their bass amps. I’ve seen a few really nice looking laney bass amps (heads mostly) for good prices, I was particularly interested in a laney linebacker 100 bass head but I’ve never played through one or even seen one! Anyone point me in the way of any demos or know anything with a similar sound? Thanks

The high end Laney bass amps, such as the big Nexus heads, are well thought of. Their budget offerings, such as the Linebacker you mention, are much the same as similarly priced models from other manufacturers. Laney do have a good reputation for reliability and are based in this country, so their backup is decent, which is another bonus.

• Like 2

The older Laney bass amps eg the RB heads are fairly neutral sounding, so a good option if you want to hear the sound of your bass more than the tone of an amp. I had a Laney RB 300watt 2x15" rig for a while a couple of years ago, and also used a Laney Keyboard combo in a live band for a couple of years around 2001. It never let me down and was plenty loud enough for the style of music. I have a little Laney Hardcore Max combo now but don't really use it.

Washburn-Laney Rig-small.jpg

• Like 1