Why become a member? ×

NBD: Sandberg Lionel Superlight shortscale

fretmeister

33 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

I did have TI flats on it for a while,  but I developed a nickel allergy so I can’t use them anymore. Much to my dismay.

I now have Dunlop flats on it. I like them a lot,  but I would prefer the TI if I could. 

Sorry to hear about the allergy!

Thanks so much! i'm excited to try it with TI Flats!

Hey fretmeister, thanks for this!! I was just about to post asking about strap balance on the Sandberg s-s SL basses but found the answer here first. Looks like I can go ahead and order my Cali ll SL TM4 without worrying about neck dive now.

Happy days 😊

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fretmeister said:

My TT4 Superlight is excellent. No dive, just very comfy to play.

I do play the Lionel more these days, but sometimes I just want that jazz thing! 

There's a few gaps in my Sandberg knowledge that you and others on here may be able to fill. My only ownership experience has been a Lionel, which I loved but moved on because I need a broader range of sounds from my basses. The Cali ll SL TM4 I've put a deposit down on should certainly give me that.

My questions are about Sandy pickups. All I know so far is that my Lionel had a Black Label J and, according to Thomann, Sandy pickups are made by Delano. Are they just re-branded Delanos or are they different designs made to a Sandy spec? Also, what's the functional difference between the single and double-pole designs that you see on Sandy basses?