Why become a member? ×

Getting a positive grid spark

BaggyMan

Well, here we go.  My man cave has 17 basses, two computers tools for fixing basses rokit5 monitors...and currently a 15" cab and a variety of bass heads.. ranging from 2000w (yeah ok the bugera 2000w...try 700 ish) to 1000w darkglass.  

In a 10*8 room thats...cosy.  Been slowly transitioning over to phil jones cabs and the drift to smaller amps and cab got me a-thinking.  Too much firepower for sure.

Decided on a £260 investment into the spark will be the answer to finding some floor and perhaps some new tools for practice etc.  The sales video looks the biz..so i'll let you know how its copes with a sheehan attitude, a dingwall combustion, and a sandberg vm5.

• Like 1

First impression, nicely made, sounds ok.  From the sales blurb what available on purchase, what's suppiied, what's  downloadable for free and what costs isnt at all clear.  The stock bass amp is 'ok'.  @uk_lefty did you buy the SWR model or just download it for free?.  cant find it myself but haven't got too involved yet.

6 hours ago, BaggyMan said:

First impression, nicely made, sounds ok.  From the sales blurb what available on purchase, what's suppiied, what's  downloadable for free and what costs isnt at all clear.  The stock bass amp is 'ok'.  @uk_lefty did you buy the SWR model or just download it for free?.  cant find it myself but haven't got too involved yet.

I downloaded it for free. It involved getting my laptop out and going on the website, then I found a whole pile of pretty decent presets made by other users. 

I agree it's pretty hard to work out what you get for free Vs what needs paying for. Changing effects via the app is really limited, but I've downloaded presets that have other effects somehow... I guess if I spent time on it I could work it out but as it's my practice amp for occasional home use I just don't have time. Because I'm an absolutely awful six string guitar player I find it more than adequate for my electric guitar needs. 

• 4 weeks later...

ok a couple of weeks in and tbh i havent used it much.  first impressions hold, its well made etc, but starting to get the impression that after spending £250 i have to spend a bunch more to access more amp models etc which isn't the impression given by the sales blurb.  so ok its a platform, but a starting point of more useful amp models etc might entice.   cant seem to find any amps i want anywhere... Bank holiday weekend beckon so going to spend some more time with it...right now not sure if i made a mistake buying it or not