Why become a member? ×

Cool new Serek bass, inspired by Gibson Grabber G3

Clarky

You know I'd say this anyway, but I'd rather have an actual Gibson G-3. 

This is a very expensive, wonky looking G-3 - like someone described the G-3 to someone in text only after seeing it once in a darkened room.  It's a no from me.

Fair do's. Horses for courses and all that. I would rather have a Hipshot bridge, handmade woodworking and modern neck fretting technology etc ... but its all academic given the price. $3,700 plus $200 shipping plus c.20% VAT/import duty equates to just over £3,800 at today's dollar/£ exchange rate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Clarky said:

Fair do's. Horses for courses and all that. I would rather have a Hipshot bridge, handmade woodworking and modern neck fretting technology etc ... but its all academic given the price. $3,700 plus $200 shipping plus c.20% VAT/import duty equates to just over £3,800 at today's dollar/£ exchange rate.

Of course.  I will tip my hat to the use of the clear pickup cases - that's way cooler than the later black models Gibson used.  Please to see there are new pickup options (Curtis Novak recreations)  if I ever needed to resurrect a G-3.

• Like 2