Why become a member? ×

Aerodyne with Seymour Duncan SPB-3

kevham

I was never totally happy with the sound of my Fender Aerodyne so I decided to pop in a set of Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders. Much more mid focused. Not sure the wiring is right though. Tone control doesn't really do what it should. I might buy a prewired loom.

IMG_20230314_163005124.jpg

IMG_20230314_174455818.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had a proper wiring job done by a local tech. Sounding great now.

quality mini pots, volume, blend, tone and decent jack. Tone is nice and linear. The P pickup is super fat and when you blend in the J pickup it just brings in a bit more clank and scoops the mids. Perfect for my crunchy rock tone!

IMG_20230322_192420290_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230322_192543136.jpg

Edited by kevham
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

Nice! Is there any volume difference between the P and J pups? My bitsa was lovely but I couldn't stand the big volume drop between the pups.

Not any more than their usually is with a passive PJ setup. The J in the bridge position is always a bit 'lightweight' for me - I never use it on its own - just blend it in with the P to get a bit of brightness. Same on a JJ for me TBH. Bridge pickup on its own never suited my kind of playing.

• Like 1