Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz spares

Blind Lemon

1 hour ago, agedhorse said:

I already answered your question on Talkbass. 

I do appreciate that there is no one better qualified than you to repair the GB amps, but sending his amp to the other side of the world to get fixed may not be particularly appealing given delays and exchange rate costs. I suspect he's just looking for an option to repair it quickly in the UK rather than disrespecting your knowledge, hence looking for an answer on here also. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ukbassboy said:

I do appreciate that there is no one better qualified than you to repair the GB amps, but sending his amp to the other side of the world to get fixed may not be particularly appealing given delays and exchange rate costs. I suspect he's just looking for an option to repair it quickly in the UK rather than disrespecting your knowledge, hence looking for an answer on here also. 

I never suggested he send the amp to the US, I did suggest that he find an experienced, qualified service tech to troubleshoot the actual cause.

There’s a lot more than the switches involved in the filter switching. In this series of amp, I have seen maybe 1 or 2 bad in the last 10 years. I’m trying to help by providing good advice.

• Like 2

100% correct, I am just trying to repair a failed amp. Posted to both sites as GB are an American company but would prefer to source components in the UK if possible.

I completely understand Agedhorse's position and value the advice, but this is a project and learning curve. Certainly did not intend to cause any bad feeling, or debate, just hoping some could help with a part number.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agedhorse said:

Surrey Amps in the UK are qualified to troubleshoot and repair Genz Benz products, I can provide factory support and parts directly to them.

Super useful to know - less than a mile away! Not that I'm hoping my amp needs them any time soon...

• Like 1