Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Jack Casaday/cassiday bass

William James Easton

The overall construction is acceptable as the bridge on the one I have was not correctly fixed with the strings not running
straight to the headstock. Had this fixed and now I really like the bass. Deep tone, kind of woody, playability for my normal sized hands good, a bit uncomfortable playing it sitting due to the large body. Sounds great with a tube amp
(old Dynacord Bass King). Hardware sturdy to withstand the normal use as the whole bass feels very strong and stable.

Choice of strings is an issue as flats I like best on this bass, one had rounds fitted but then the bass lacked character ( my opinion, of course).

Sounds good new but gets better with time played regurlarly like acoustic guitars do.

If you want to know something specific just ask.

Cheers
C.

I've played 2, one through a Superfly/Accugroove set up (hated the sound through that), one through a cheap Hartke combo (loved the sound through that). As above, deep tone, quite fluid sounding; nice. The balance is very poor though; very headstock heavy (I'm really aware of this due to problems with my neck and shoulders; anything head heavy is out the window for me).