Why become a member? ×

TC Helicon Voicelive Synth - £50 - now accepting offers - *SOLD*
£80
Kendal / Bolton

DanOwens

I bought this pedal when I was doing a lot of live electronica. The videos or this pedal are lots of Cher-style hard-tuned vocals but I found that some of the other settings were much more useful. This pedal does a lot of vocal effects and I ended up using it mainly in the studio for a variety of vocal effects that were much more complicated to do with strings of VSTs. One of my favourite things was to improvise a melody line and make multiple passes to create synthetic choirs and soundscapes. Some of the formant-shifting effects are amazing for adding octave-down style vocals for retro production or formant-shifting vocals as is currently popular in the house scene. 

It also has an instrument input that allows you to combine keys/vocals/bass and voices in interesting ways, but as often is the case, most of the demo videos seem to focus not on this, but on one sound. You kinda have to experiment with it to discover the possibilities. 

Its a weird pedal, and unless you are producing soundscapes or working in film and TV, I think it might have limited appeal, but if you are looking for unusual techniques in the studio, or you’re trying to experiment with different vocal approaches then I really recommend trying this thing out. 

I live in Kendal in the Lake District and my daughter lives in Bolton so I’m regularly around these locations and I’m happy to meet someone around these areas; I’ll drive a reasonable distance if it means saving us both the hassle of shipping the items. 

If you’d rather have the item shipped then I would ask that the buyer arranges this. I can drop off at a suitable collection point, and I work from home if the item is to be collected. In such a case, I will ensure that the item is properly packaged with polystyrene or bubblewrap and I’ll make a trip to Curry’s to get suitable box or to assemble one if the item is too large. 

I’ll have quite a few items up for sale over the next few weeks and I’ll also be advertising them on other sources, so please let me know if you’re interested and I can ensure that other adverts are taken down as I don’t want to disappoint anyone.

IMG_2139.JPG

IMG_2140.JPG

Edited by DanOwens

• DanOwens changed the title to TC Helicon Voicelive Synth - £50 - now accepting offers
  • DanOwens changed the title to TC Helicon Voicelive Synth - £50 - now accepting offers sold