Why become a member? ×

Yamaha SLG200S - £400 - now accepting offers - *SOLD*
£450
Kendal / Bolton

Here is a Yamaha Silent Guitar – model SLG200S. I bought this for silent practice and as on-stage backup. I never actually used it on stage as I bought it just before COVID, so it’s been my go-to couch guitar. As such it is in a flawless condition. 

At the moment it is strung with D’addario Flat-Tops which really helps quieten it down for the living room. We used to live in a tiny 2-bed council house and I could play it quite hard without waking the family; it was a life-saver during lockdown! 

The colour is ‘translucent black’, which looks absolutely incredible and the SRT pickup (updated for the 200 series) sounds amazing, as you would expect from Yamaha. There’s a headphone-out so you can hear the in-built reverb whilst practising, but there’s also an Aux-in so you can jam along to baking tracks (I had iReal Pro on my phone plugged in) and the pickup / mic blend allowed me to dial in a few different sounds – handy when I was trying Gypsy picking. 

This comes with the case and ‘case candy’; as you can see from the pictures the body screws off and it fits into a really small, well-padded case. 

We’ve moved house and now I don’t have to be as quiet – we also need to replace the conservatory roof! So here is is. There are nearly £700 new so for £450 this is 65% of the new price. 

I live in Kendal in the Lake District and my daughter lives in Bolton so I’m regularly around these locations and I’m happy to meet someone around these areas; I’ll drive a reasonable distance if it means saving us both the hassle of shipping the items. 

If you’d rather have the item shipped then I would ask that the buyer arranges this. I can drop off at a suitable collection point, and I work from home if the item is to be collected. In such a case, I will ensure that the item is properly packaged with polystyrene or bubblewrap and I’ll make a trip to Curry’s to get suitable box or to assemble one if the item is too large. 

Other info

I’ll have quite a few items up for sale over the next few weeks and I’ll also be advertising them on other sources, so please let me know if you’re interested and I can ensure that other adverts are taken down as I don’t want to disappoint anyone.

IMG_2076.JPG

IMG_2077.JPG

IMG_2078.JPG

IMG_2079.JPG

IMG_2080.JPG

IMG_2081.JPG

IMG_2082.JPG

IMG_2083.JPG

IMG_2084.jpg

Edited by DanOwens

• DanOwens changed the title to Yamaha SLG200S - £400 - now accepting offers
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got mine for Christmas and absolutely love it. It plays like a dream and so easy to just pick up when the mood takes. 

I often use it at home with a Yamaha THR5A desktop amp but it really comes alive when put through my Bose mixer into a PA. The onboard FX and tuner really are a bonus.

Highly recommended and some lucky BC'er will have a great time with this guitar.

A good price and GLWTS

Thanks, man! Yeah I'm surprised it hasn't gone yet but I've already dropped the price a bit. I bought it for £420 not that long ago so I don't want to go any lower than £400 ideally.

I'm happy to wait - perhaps I'll restring it as I recently intended.... 

Have messaged you 

On 16/04/2023 at 14:47, DanOwens said:

Bump - I had a sale but it fell through. I am much more happy to arrange a courier for this item and still accepting offers!

• DanOwens changed the title to Yamaha SLG200S - £400 - now accepting offers sold