Why become a member? ×

Hartke VX215. Anyone tried one or think the idea is good?

Linus27

Still looking at ideas for a new rig. Looking at getting the Hartke LH500 and saw you can get a Hartke VX215 which is 2 x 15 paper coned speakers running at 4 ohms. This would allow me to get the most out of the LH500.

However, not really seen much about the Hartke VX215 on here. Has anyone tried one? Is 2 x 15 speakers a good idea or would an 8 ohms 4 x 10 be a wiser buy?

I have one, it's pretty good for the money (I paid £250 for it new ages ago), handles quite a lot of low end and isn't as heavy as you'd think. I used mine with the 500w Hartke HA5500
One thing to watch is the baffle board working loose and making the cab sound awful. Only took a pack of screws to fix but was annoying.

All in all it is a good way to run your head at 4ohms with one cab and a small budget, if you can stretch to more cash then i'd recommend a Schroeder 1212 or similar 4ohm cab. I wasn't impressed with the 4x10VX cab i heard so i would probably choose the 215 over it

Was selling mine for £90 but had no takers!

I also think Phil the bassist on here uses one