Why become a member? ×

USA Hand Crafted Peavey TL6 6 String Bass With Original Hard Case. Exceptional Condition. £1100. - *WITHDRAWN*
£1100
Wickford, Essex

binky_bass

Hi,

Up for sale here is my absolutely outstanding Peavey TL6 6 string bass. This was made in the USA in 1992, it is in close to mint condition, hardly any marks on it anywhere except a teeny little scuff on the very tip of the headstock and a little tarnishing to the hardware, other than that it is in remarkable condition for its age. 

I'm only listing this as I have a powerful case of GAS for a bass being sold here! If that bass sells, then this is being withdrawn. 

It sounds unbelievably good - the action is nice and low and the strings are only a month or so old. It's 34" scale. The tone can be anything from super articulate HiFi to thunderous bass. The bridge is adjustable in all directions, it can be set at 15.5mm spacing up to just a hair under 18mm spacing (which is where it is now). 

The trans-red colour looks quite stunning with the gold hardware and light flame maple. It has a thick ebony fretboard and mother of pearl inlays. 

All in this bass is an absolute tone machine, in exceptionally good condition and with its original hard case. You genuinely will not find a better condition example of one of these basses (and yes I've read many a description that claims that, but in this case it is true - if you want to come view it to verify, you are welcome!)

I'm based in Wickford, Essex and can post if really needed but I would prefer if it was collected or if we meet somewhere within say 50 miles of Wickford.

Any questions, let me know.

Edited by binky_bass
  • Like 6

• binky_bass changed the title to USA Hand Crafted Peavey TL6 6 String Bass With Original Hard Case. Exceptional Condition. £1100.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Binky - sorry, if you don´t want to be called like that - I got questions about some dimensions of the Peavey you offer.

Would you mind to measure the neck dimensions on the saddle, the 12th and the 24th fret, in millimeters please?

I´ve tried quiet a few 6ers, but most simply most did not fit my hands.

The manual of a TL6 I found in the net shows a different amount and placement of pots and a switch.

Please let me know if the state of the electronics is original and what the controls on that particular bass are for.

I live in Germany, close to the Dutch border, but I gess that´s more than 50 miles from Wickford.

And I understand that you are willing to ship, although that´s not your first choice.

So, would you ship to Germany?

For further details we could switch to pm, as far as basschat offers that and you let me know how to use it.

Cheers

Max

Hi @bassmaxxe

Are you after the width of the fretboard at the 12th and 24th fret? If so, I'll get that done tomorrow for you. 👍 

The bass is 100% original, there is an earlier version (1989/1991 I believe) that @Hellzero recently sold that has a slightly different control layout, so that may be the version of the manual you found. I'm pretty sure I have the original manual for this bass in the case pocket, I'll take some photos of that tomorrow too and send them over.

Shipping to Germany isn't a problem for me, so long as you're happy to cover the costs! I can get a quote if you like and we can go from there.

I'll be in touch tomorrow via private messages with the details you've asked for.

Thanks, Russ.

• binky_bass changed the title to *WITHDRAWN* USA Hand Crafted Peavey TL6 6 String Bass With Original Hard Case. Exceptional Condition. £1100.