Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Fender 50s P bass with bridge pickup added £390 - *SOLD*
£400
Croydon

shoulderpet

For sale/trade is my Fender 50s P bass, collection from Croydon or if in the London area can arrange to meet. I swapped out the pickguard for a cheapy cream pickguard, I will include the original anodised gold pickguard also.

This bass has some cosmetic flaws hence the low price, I have seen the Fender Vintera which is the model that replaced this one but is basically the same thing going for close to a grand so I think this is a very fair price, also will trade for an Ibanez SR bass

I like this bass a lot and has served me well for many gigs but I really have gas for an Ibanez sr bass at the moment so this has to go

I have added a Dimarzio Ultra jazz bridge pickup, the P pickup has been replaced with a Warman p pickup and the person who owned the bass before me swapped the bridge for a Wilkinson bridge.

The controls are volume, volume and it is wired up with a solderless wiring harness.

In terms of the cosmetic flaws I mentioned earlier there is a finish crack from the neck pocket that extends to the bass horn, the guy who fitted the bridge pickup said he thought it was because the neck pocket was such a tight fit.

Action is slightly higher than I would like it but strangely enough when I had TI Jazz flats on this bass a while ago I was able to get the action quite low.

The bass sounds really good, the Warman pickup has a nice clarity to it and the Dimarzio Ultra jazz bridge pickup adds some high end snap.

IMG_20230119_175256316.jpg

IMG_20220111_104304941.jpg

IMG_20220612_135648300.jpg

IMG_20230120_125932889.jpg

Edited by shoulderpet
  • Like 5

• shoulderpet changed the title to FS/FT Fender 50s P bass with bridge pickup added £400
  • shoulderpet changed the title to FS/FT Fender 50s P bass with bridge pickup added £390
  • shoulderpet changed the title to Sold pending the usual: FS/FT Fender 50s P bass with bridge pickup added £390