Why become a member? ×

Wal Mk2 Fretless (H.G. Thor Epoxy) 2016 Vintage Satin Stain £10500 - *SOLD*
£10500
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Matt Golgotha

It's with a heavy heart that I'm listing this. I ordered this bass January 20th 2015, and took delivery 4th November 2016.

The spec is:

Maple bird's-eye facing
Mahogany core
Vintage satin stain finish
Side dots (between lines)
Fretless ebony board with lined pear

The band I was playing bass in folded just before I took delivery of this from Paul at Wal, and I have been back playing guitar in my main band since, and I'm looking to finance a Gibson Murphy Lab or Historic Makeover Les Paul. This bass has probably had less than 20 hours of home based play.

In August 2017 the neck was sent to H.G. Thor (Woodwiz, New York) to undergo a full epoxy treatment which has now made this a top pro level instrument. Please note, H.G's wait list was already 4 years at the time this work was carried out, and I went on his list long before the Wal was ordered. I don't know if he still carries out this type of work, but is considered the best in the business for epoxy work.

The bass is listed on the Wal Registry so buy with confidence

It plays incredibly either with rounds or flats (I'll put the thomastiks back on before sale).

Happy for potential buyers to come and try it out (Birmingham, B29). Preference is on collection due to value, but might entertain shipping/overseas etc.

Also listed on Reverb and the bay (100% positive feedback on both). No trades.

Thanks

Matt (07554519171)

oejsus8vzfcqlp4lyvmc.webp

s-l1600.jpg

s-l500 (1).jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Edited by Matt Golgotha
  • Like 17

6 minutes ago, reggieboomboom said:

That my friend is without doubt the finest example of my dream bass in existence! I've seen it on ebay for a while now. I can only imagine how it sounds. 

Yep - I bought it with the intention of playing it with my Verellen meatsmoke (now sold). Possibly the best bass sound I've had.

Capture.JPG

• Like 10

• 1 month later...
On 20/01/2023 at 14:36, Matt Golgotha said:

Yep - I bought it with the intention of playing it with my Verellen meatsmoke (now sold). Possibly the best bass sound I've had.

Capture.JPG

Now that's some bass gear, pretty much best in class for instrument, head, and cab 👍

• Like 2

• Matt Golgotha changed the title to ****SOLD****Wal Mk2 Fretless (H.G. Thor Epoxy) 2016 Vintage Satin Stain £10500