Why become a member? ×

Billy Sheehan 25th Annivery Attitude II control layout

BaggyMan

Hi All.

I am lucky to finally re-visit ownership of a billy sheehan attitude bass.  I owned one a few years ago but  had to let it go.  I was lucky enough to be offered the chance to buy one and took it.

That said i m a little confused by the control layout (as opposed to the series 1)   yet yamaha dont have anything in terms of manuals etc.

Anyone a guru on such things??

Looks like the front pickup is control by the first two control, the 'back control to precision pickup volumes...but the push /pull series parallel or similar?

Its sound great but actually knowing what does what kinda helps..

The back push pull is to combine the outputs to just use 1 amp with 1 bass output

The front push pull is a filter - like the little switch that was on the Mk 1. For super deep sounds.

As you say - Pots 1 and 2 are Volume and Tone for the neck pickup, and the other one is the Volume for the P pickup.

Billy took his tone controls off for the P when he was still playing Fenders as he got a tiny bit more output.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Although some Mk2 had slightly different push pull set ups depending on when it was built.

Mine is a 25th Anniversary one, relentless p pickups

Edited by BaggyMan

1 hour ago, fretmeister said:

I've had a Mk1 and a Mk3

Should have kept the Mk1.

The 3 was 12lb and was killing my back and shoulders, and that was 10 years ago when I was much younger and fitter.

One day I'll make a bitsa with sensibly weighted parts.

i did the reverse built a bitsa, bought  mk1 , sold the mk1 and now have the mk2...my bitsa.  (wild bills and a DP1)

.image.thumb.png.35379f36f4fbe5d6593ae2384b1b2571.png

• Thanks 1