Why become a member? ×

Traben Chaos core 5 string PENDING - *SOLD*
£350
Rochester Kent

BaggyMan

The eagle eyed amongst the brethren will have spotted that @WHUFC BASS sold this to me recently.  Circumstances have changed and i have to sell some things and unfortunately for me this is on the hit list.

Since purchase i have gone through the bass, polished out some light scuffs, carbon fibre wrapped the control panels, cleaned and fed the neck, polished the frets and brought the action down to a really nice level. 

She is now strung with Fender Nickels (125-45).  The B isnt quite long enough for the trough body stringing buts thats a string thing...  the nice thing on this bass is the massive bridge, with through and top loading string options.

20230108_194710.thumb.jpg.77cd88be513a5cd097809ce8bb65cb5a.jpg

Priced at what i paid for it plus a set of strings i got a bargain and the new buyer will too.

Here is an excerpt from the original post.

I'm selling my Traben Chaos Core "Whisky Burl" 5 String as I've just got too many basses, so grab a bargain. I got this imported from the U.S.A at some considerable cost back in 2010 and have not been disappointed with it at all. It's the more conservative looking bases from the Traben range and it's quite rare to find one of these in the UK these days (especially a 5-string) with the Aguilar pre-amp and Rockfield active pickups. They're quite versitile as both single coils and humbuckers and with the five-way switch you can change the setup instantly (see diagram below).

I've recorded two albums with it and the Aguilar OBP-3 pre-amp really sounds great for recording and live work. The Rockfield pickups really sound great (why they've never made replacement bass pickups in this range is beyond me). The 5 string neck is wide and flat yet really comfortable. Its set up nicely and its never let me down.

Specs are:

BRIDGE: Chaos internal bridge
SCALE: 35"
NECK CONSTRUCTION: bolt on
PICKUPS: two Rockfield® humbuckers
ELECTRONICS: Aguilar OBP-3 pre-amp
CONTROLS: three-band eq with volume and five-way switch
BODY: Royal Paulonia
TOP: burled maple
FRETBOARD Rosewood
NUT synthetic

and some thing missed out