Why become a member? ×

Wayne Jones WJBP STEREO VALVE BASS PRE-AMP (new 2021 version) £450 - *SOLD*
£450
Manchester

three

IMG_6278.thumb.jpeg.d69fa0ce07751aa257c2961574201fa9.jpegWayne Jones WJBP STEREO VALVE BASS PRE-AMP DI - hardly used and in spectacular condition.  All the information you could possibly need is here:

https://www.waynejonesaudio.com/products-specs/wjbp-stereo-bass-pre-amp/

There’s a gushing but accurate review from Scott here too - well worth a listen on decent cans if you have the time:

The basic details (from WJ's website) are:

Input 1/4” phono stereo/mono jack

Input Gain For both Passive & Active basses

-10 Db pad

Input Gain clip Indicator LEDS (top left corner)

Tone controls are critically set by Wayne & are extremely accurate in the attack points of each string. You can set them by one for each string on your bass All +15Db -20 Db

Incredible separation between the tone controls

There is also a 30 Hz boost for those that may like it ( not really needed at all as the Bass control gives such a great bottom end with ultimate attack). In/out button for selection

Compressor: Optical, automatically senses & is very effective even with a very small amount engaged. In/out button for selection

Balance: This is a balance control for stereo operation e.g. 2 WJ 2x10 or Stereo WJ 1x10 Powered cabs.

Master volume Controls output

Pre-Amp Output Indicator LEDS (top right corner) tell you if you are overloading the WJBP output

Mute - Puts the WJBP in standby mode. LED Indicates when in use. The Mute mode should also be used for power up of the WJ Powered cabs, otherwise a very loud 1000watts will sound when WJ Powered cab (or separate power amp) is turned on.

It also operates the built in Tuner. For standard tuning for 4, 5 & 6 string basses

Foot switch mutes all output for silent tuning.

I have all original packaging with the rack-mounting kit and power supply.  I don't have the footswitch  The pre is in as new condition, apart from a very small (really tiny - maybe 1-2mm) mark on top on the unit.  This was caused by one of the rack ears falling from the packaging as I opened the box!  I've re-touched it with a tiny smear of matte acrylic and the re-touch isn't really visible unless one inspects very closely.  I'll tape the ears into the packaging.  

There are reviews all over for these and the latter are uniformly positive.  A really high-end and beautifully thought-through pre.  I'm only selling as it sounds almost identical to my Hellborg pre and the latter is already sat in my rig.  The WJ is extremely precise, though warm and musical.  The one-knob compressor is an absolute joy, though I hardly ever use any compression.  Weight is 2.41kg.

Price is firm - this is a lovely and very expensive unit in perfect functional condition, and almost (really!) cosmetic condition.  I checked this morning and purchase price of a new pre directly from WJ is £1107 (including shipping, VAT and duty).

Collection from Manchester is good, though I can ship at cost at the buyer's expense and risk (I can include insurance if required).  Any questions, please just ask.   

IMG_6279.jpeg

IMG_6280.jpeg

IMG_6277.jpeg

IMG_6281.jpeg

IMG_6283.jpeg

Edited by three
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...
On 14/02/2023 at 22:17, Undertone said:

Hi - what power amp / cab(s) were you using it with?  The WJ cabs?

Thanks for this - I have a couple of WJ powered 1x10 cabs, though I've also used the WJ pre as a front-end for an Agi DB750.  It's very versatile and the features are well thought-through and useable.

Edited by three

• three changed the title to SOLD Pending - Wayne Jones WJBP STEREO VALVE BASS PRE-AMP (new 2021 version) £450