Why become a member? ×

Ibanez BTB556MP twin truss - advise needed

glassmoon

Hi all, 

I have always really not liked touching my bass's truss rods, for fear of, well, breaking something expensive. But now (thanks to my amazing wife) I have an Ibanez BTB556MP (sold one back in 2006), which has two truss rods (accessed at the headstock). 

With all the cold, and the fact that it was hidden in a cold cupboard (waiting for Christmas), the neck has bowed (strings high off the board) and I want to tweak it a bit. So... I'm OK doing my Cort 5, but a twin truss? 

So, a lot of Googling has left me with a. tweak evenly in whichever direction is required or b. tweak independently of each other. 

I'm more inclined to believe the first option, but who here of a technical persuasion can offer me some sage advice. I'll add some pictures later I think, if that'll help. 

My thanks in advance. 

Merry Christmas to you all!! 

Julian aka Glassmoon

Well, I bit the bullet, and did a 1/4 turn on each side and boom, I was instantly happy - another small tweak on the bass side and it feels like "home" again.

I will wait overnight for it to settle - and cos I don't want to be shut up in my bass hole all day - and then tackle the intonation :)

Thanks all!!!