Why become a member? ×

New Harley Benton MV-4PJ basses!

cetera

1 hour ago, Bevan7 said:

Anyone know if these are compatible with fender necks? I’ve been on the lookout for a replacement body for a MIM jazz bass, and bodies seem to be thin on the ground at the moment, and are priced higher than this bass, I love some of these colours so was wondering if they were compatible. 

The necks are really nice on these

26 minutes ago, Vin Venal said:

I've been tempted by these several times.

People who have them, how heavy are they?

I really don't like stuff much over 3.6Kish.

3.6kg? That in my limited experience would be very low in a PJ in general, and would carry a good risk of neck dive. While I imagine these Gotoh are not particularly heavy, to my understanding they are not of the superlight kind. But I may be wrong

1 hour ago, Paolo85 said:

3.6kg? That in my limited experience would be very low in a PJ in general, and would carry a good risk of neck dive. While I imagine these Gotoh are not particularly heavy, to my understanding they are not of the superlight kind. But I may be wrong

Sorry I said 3.6 when I meant 3.8. I go by my player precision which is 8.3lbs and doesn't neck dive. Not the way I wear it anyway.

I look at the weight of a lot of P basses on places like bass direct, peach guitars, here, bassbros etc. Circa 8lbs is very doable for Alder precisions although at the lighter end.

I don't just stipulate a low weight to be an awkward bugger, I have a pretty severe back problem, much over that threshold is a sit down instrument for me.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Vin Venal said:

Sorry I said 3.6 when I meant 3.8. I go by my player precision which is 8.3lbs and doesn't neck dive. Not the way I wear it anyway.

I look at the weight of a lot of P basses on places like bass direct, peach guitars, here, bassbros etc. Circa 8lbs is very doable for Alder precisions although at the lighter end.

I don't just stipulate a low weight to be an awkward bugger, I have a pretty severe back problem, much over that threshold is a sit down instrument for me.

Fair enough. I am never sure about the weigh of my basses given that my bathroom scale is not reliable. My only P that was not neck heavy "out of the box" I would say is at least 4kg and has superlight tuners (stock). I had one 4.2kg and neck heavy! But maybe that's bad luck!

I am extremely fussy about weight. I mostly play quite light basses, I have put hipshot ultralite on two out of the four I currently have, and I have even bought a Gruvgear duo strap!

There is one here in Spain for sale on the second hand market, the seller is Bass Advisor from Youtube, he bought it to review it & is offering it up for sale for a few days in case someone is interested, before eventually sending it back to Thomann. He states that the weight is 4,57kgScreenshot_20230406_111612_Wallapop.thumb.jpg.c0f32ee1f8d110a58e3c3b44ddccfb39.jpg

• Sad 1