Why become a member? ×

Volume pedals

jonnybass

So I was thinking of experimenting with volume pedals, I’d like two, and with the current financial climate I’d like to spend as little as possible. 

saw the leadfoot one and a joyo volume and wah which could be interesting. Does anyone have any views or recommendations?

jonny

I've had a Bespeco (volume only) pedal for years. I've gigged it and used it as a foot rest. Cheap, cheerful, quiet. I think they're less than £20 on Amazon. I've just added a Sonicake Vexpress (volume/expression pedal) to my board - it has a smaller footprint than the Bespeco. I've only had it a few days but so far so good. 

I have a Hotone Bass Press - think that’s the proper name - it’s the vol/wah/expression pedal one. Wah is awesome, really the most satisfying of many I’ve tried. The volume pedal part does the job well, complete with a minimum volume setting. The travel on the pedal is great, nice consistent swell of signal. Mine is several years old now so does suffer from a scratchy pot but nothing that some pot cleaner couldn’t fix.

• Like 2