Why become a member? ×

Yamaha Super Bass SB500 & Original Case 1978 pending - *SOLD*
£450
Lancaster

ash

If this were a Fender of the same era and condition it would be five times the asking. It isn’t of course but arguably the quality is better and the weight certainly healthier at 4kgs. 
It’s a Japanese built Yamaha Super Bass available only on the domestic market at the time and made between 1976 - 1982 (I think though there is conflicting information out there).

It is near immaculate and comes with original case. All hardware is original although I suspect the screws of the scratchplate may have been replaced. The bass has had a pro set up and is currently strung with Roto flats. It plays very well and you can get both P and Jazz tones from the pickups. The finish is slightly redder than the mocha or walnut Fender finishes but it’s very nice and you can see the body grain.

Construction is superb. I doubt you will find a cleaner example. It is a recent purchase however I have finally had my house purchase completed and need to pay off my solicitor so selling a lot of things before I bond with them. No trades. UK only pickup preferred but I can post at buyer's cost. 

BF35CA79-9722-47F4-B80E-B3DB94487018.jpeg

Edited by ash
Sold
  • Like 14

17 minutes ago, claustra said:

Absolute bargain, someone will be happy with this one !
It is a super bass indeed.
The neck on these is quite substantial, and very confortable, closer to the Yamaha BB series than to a Jazz type neck.

Yes you are right it has more of a Precision feel but it is very comfy to play. 

• Like 1

• ash changed the title to Yamaha Super Bass SB500 & Original Case 1978 SOLD