Why become a member? ×

Replacing 2 x 9 volt battery with power supply

frannie01

It's not easy to do - 18V needs 5 x lithium cells which is awkward.

A better bet are rechargeable 9V batteries   - EBL USB Rechargeable 9V Batteries - 5400mWh Long Lasting Batteries with Micro Charging Cable 

or bulk buy 9V ProCells

If you could tolerate a DC cable you could use a clean 18VDC supply (MeanWell are good) for practicing.  

Ok Thanks it was an issue that came up on a forum and the batteries were pretty much fried when I got the instrument .I had a sire that needed 18volts and never had an issue.

I’ve actually clipped on a condenser (running it through a pre for the phantom power) now and that sounds much more “acousticy” and will only drain the battery if I blend the piezo and the mic 

cheers Paul 

CE4224C0-2A92-44E2-99A2-C1B4807409E9.jpeg

59717787-8776-4959-83E8-5228A5962F40.jpeg

Edited by frannie01

23 hours ago, Bigguy2017 said:

It's not easy to do - 18V needs 5 x lithium cells which is awkward.

A better bet are rechargeable 9V batteries   - EBL USB Rechargeable 9V Batteries - 5400mWh Long Lasting Batteries with Micro Charging Cable 

or bulk buy 9V ProCells

If you could tolerate a DC cable you could use a clean 18VDC supply (MeanWell are good) for practicing.  

Hi yeah I’ve been looking at the rechargeables online.The output from the Dean is very low and required a buffer preamp.In the course of experimentation I also tried adding  a condenser mic which was a revelation.

It sounds good now and no worries about draining batteries unless I blend in both the piezo and the condenser.

might still research that charging cable though can’t hurt can it 

Thanks for the info 👍🏽

DC9F167C-3A36-48DD-9A0D-4B3A69B050B3.jpeg

FCDC092C-69EF-4A03-B042-C9F326547121.jpeg

Edited by frannie01