Why become a member? ×

My band's first demo

JackLondon

Hi Guys,

I've recorded some tunes with my band 2 weeks ago in Creekside Studios in London. If anyone has some opinions on that I will welcome it all god or bad. To quickly run through things, it was 8 hours recording time for 4 songs, each song had 3 takes and we've chosen the best takes, vocals and solo's wer overdubbed after that. My bass on the tunes is Ibanez BTB556MP running through Boss GT10B and directly into the desk, no amps and no DI. I'm pretty happy with the fulness of the bass as it was recorded in the stereo, the buzzing noise however drives me mad but 2 things contributed to this, I very much like to dig in when playin and I've foolishly have put a new set of strings with smaller gauge than usual the night before and I didn't had time to tweak the setup which gave me more buzzing than a hone factory.

Anyway enough for now, check it out and let me know.

[url="http://www.myspace.com/sugarforthehouse"]http://www.myspace.com/sugarforthehouse[/url]

Cheers
Jack

• 4 weeks later...

great stuff :)

I reckon might sound good with some bernie worell/stevie wonder funktastic keyboards on there too, plus it's crying out for your very good vocalist to stick some layered backing vocals on the chorus' etc I reckon :rolleyes:

Sound wise, only thing that's a minus is that the guitar sounds a little distant.

Edited by bumfrog