Why become a member? ×

Every now and then, you come across a little gem.

leschirons

Been looking for a bass for our son who got diagnosed with M.S. a year ago. Well, anything to keep his stress levels down so started looking on here and Facebook for something cheap and local. 

Had one on Face book lined up to view about 8 miles away, a Squier VM jazz at just a little suspiciously too cheap. Checked out the main profile, nothing music related whatsoever, just two pictures of a dog on a beach. Can I come to his friend's house?  Blew that one out.

Found another (see pic)  30 mins away. It's a bitsa, Wilkinson bridge and pickups, possibly Gotoh gold tuners, and an old  logo'd up 37mm nut neck.   Apparently, all on an MIM refinished body.

It was playable, but needed 20 mins of graft to improve it. We agreed on £180 before viewing.   

Over the years, I've had a total of 5 USA jazz basses including one custom luthier built instrument with the best of everything on it.  Although this doesn't compare with the custom one, it knocks the stock Fenders into a corner for playability.

A neck oil, a quick tweak on the saddles and a slight recut of the E nut slot and this is up there with any US Fender I've owned. Going to be hard to give this away.

20220827_203623.jpg

Edited by leschirons
Spelling
  • Like 13