Why become a member? ×

Fender Jaguar Bass - NOW WITHDRAWN

it1775

Had this bass not very long, it's a gorgeous bass, I really didn't want to sell it and will keep it if it doesn't sell, but I could do with the money as I need to buy a car ! think now is a good time to sell as someone can get a mint one without paying £700+ with the new fender prices !

Bought this from dawsons in manchester at christmas, didn't want to order online and picked it out from quite a few in shop, to make sure I got a really nice one. I'm putting it up for[s][b] £550[/b][/s] [b]£496 [/b](plus fees if using paypal), which is as low as I can go, not in a rush to sell. It's mint, and only has a few very light surface scratches that I don't think will even photograph. Its beautifully made, and plays beautifully too.

I'd prefer collection or meeting up ideally, but wouldn't mind delivering within say 30 miles though. Would post but at the risk and expense of the buyer. I'm in north wales, near Chester btw

any questions ?
Thanks !
Dan

[attachment=23975:mini_DSC00042.JPG][attachment=23976:mini_DSC00064.JPG][attachment=23978:mini_DSC00
069.JPG][attachment=23977:mini_DSC00068.JPG]
[attachment=23980:mini_DSC00053.JPG][attachment=23982:mini_DSC00070.JPG]
[attachment=23983:mini_DSC00071.JPG][attachment=23979:mini_DSC00058.JPG]
[attachment=23985:mini_DSC00052.JPG][attachment=23984:mini_DSC00059.JPG]

Edited by it1775

[quote name='SammyDamacy' post='465603' date='Apr 17 2009, 10:21 PM']Mine looked like that :)

No offence intended, but your price might be a bit hopeful. Usually jags go between £350 - £400, sold mine for £375.

Just some friendly advice, but you are the seller :rolleyes:

Cheers![/quote]

No worries non taken :D I have looked at this, and it did make me think. Like you said i've seen some go cheap like yours, but seen quite a few others go for about £500, and this was before the price increase and they weren't as new condition.

i'd love to sell it cheaper, but have already lost a hundred pound selling it for £550, and its practically new, so I thought it was a fair deal to be honest. I'd be losing almost 40% of what I payed at christmas if I sold it at £400 ;) Can't afford to lose that much ! If it doesn't sell i'll just keep it, 'tis a lovely bass !

Edited by it1775

[quote name='it1775' post='465618' date='Apr 17 2009, 10:48 PM']No worries non taken :) I have looked at this, and it did make me think. Like you said i've seen some go cheap like yours, but seen quite a few others go for about £500, and this was before the price increase and they weren't as new condition.

i'd love to sell it cheaper, but have already lost a hundred pound selling it for £550, and its practically new, so I thought it was a fair deal to be honest. I'd be losing almost 40% of what I payed at christmas if I sold it at £400 :D If it doesn't sell i'll just keep it, 'tis a lovely bass ![/quote]

No arguments there, they are lovely!

Best of luck with sale mate :rolleyes:

Price drop already!

Right, I had a thought about trying the Jag on ebay today, but as i've never sold anything on there didn't know about the fees. Worked out it would be around £54 with buy it now (priced at £550), so with that in mind its only fair I bring the price downto the same amount that i'd get from a sale from ebay, which would be [b]£496[/b]. That is my absolute bottom price though, that's it :) !

Dan

Edited by it1775

[quote name='it1775' post='466175' date='Apr 18 2009, 03:03 PM']Price drop already!

Right, I had a thought about trying the Jag on ebay today, but as i've never sold anything on there didn't know about the fees. Worked out it would be around £54 with buy it now (priced at £550), so with that in mind its only fair I bring the price downto the same amount that i'd get from a sale from ebay, which would be [b]£496[/b]. That is my absolute bottom price though, that's it :) !

Dan[/quote]

£54 for ebay fees seems very steep - i know they've had a price hike recently but surely not that much?

[quote name='steve' post='466185' date='Apr 18 2009, 03:20 PM']£54 for ebay fees seems very steep - i know they've had a price hike recently but surely not that much?[/quote]

I was suprised too :) Its about £38 or the final value fee, a few quid for the insertion and advertising fee and at least another £14 for the paypal fee.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='ellangus' post='513932' date='Jun 15 2009, 10:42 AM']Is this Bass still available?

My son is looking for one of these, we are in the Manchester area, so picking it up would be no problem.

Ta[/quote]

indeed it is :)

just to add, could you pm me instead of replying to this thread if you're able to, its just then I'll get an email message notifiying me, whereas if u reply to the thread I won't know until I look at the thread again and I often forget to do that :rolleyes: !

ta

Edited by it1775

• 2 months later...