Why become a member? ×

The first and last custom cab

alexclaber

[quote name='Musky' post='224635' date='Jun 23 2008, 12:06 AM']I read somewhere or other about a repair involving the material from a pair of tights and something like nail polish. Or maybe superglue. Never had to try it myself though.[/quote]

Lens cleaning tissue soaked in PVA applied over tear will work.

Official 'Bathroom Scales' weight of my new 1x15: 17kg/37.5lbs

My trusty markbass 2x10, also a 1 hand lift comes in at 24kg/53lbs on the same scales - slightly different from the official spec so the above weight for the 1x15 might be a little lower in reality.

Rather impressive I must say - I've got a gig this evening which will be its first outing.

[quote name='mr_russ' post='227842' date='Jun 27 2008, 09:53 AM']Official 'Bathroom Scales' weight of my new 1x15: 17kg/37.5lbs[/quote]

Damn, I was hoping for even lighter! Still, it feels very light and that's what counts. 2/3 the weight of a same-sized cab from Markbass and more output can't be bad. Looking forward to hearing how you get on with it!

The Compact should shave a few lbs off due to being smaller, so hopefully dead on 35lbs. The Big One is about the same volume though taller but with more components so I think just under 45lbs should be the reality.

Alex

• 10 months later...

Very nice bracing job, with the thin wide edge-on braces.

[quote name='alexclaber' post='219430' date='Jun 15 2008, 01:43 PM']So today I have filled all the screw holes...[/quote]

What screw holes? And, what do you fill them with?

Thanks.

The first few cabs were screwed to hold them whilst the glue sets, then the screws removed and the holes filled with flexible filler to save weight. However they've all been nailgunned together for a while now - slightly stronger but more importantly, much quicker!

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='482753' date='May 8 2009, 10:13 AM']The first few cabs were screwed to hold them whilst the glue sets, then the screws removed and the holes filled with flexible filler to save weight.[/quote]

Kinell, Alex, what were those screws made of? Enriched uranium? :)

• 1 month later...