Why become a member? ×

Lefty EKO bass VBP-100

Pekka Kivinen

I have bought a pre-owned EKO-bass. It is a exact left handed Precision copy. The factory does know how many of those were produced. They have lost all files.

They are still producing VBP-100 but he design is different. All I know is the company has produced those using a sub-contractor probably in Chech. Factory assumed is has been produced in early 2000. The bass is made using good materials and the workmanship is also ok. Does anyone have any further information on top of those three pictures i have found so far. The sunburst one in Catawiki is mine.

On 30/07/2022 at 10:26, Pekka Kivinen said:

I have bought a pre-owned EKO-bass. It is a exact left handed Precision copy. The factory does know how many of those were produced. They have lost all files.

They are still producing VBP-100 but he design is different. All I know is the company has produced those using a sub-contractor probably in Chech. Factory assumed is has been produced in early 2000. The bass is made using good materials and the workmanship is also ok. Does anyone have any further information on top of those three pictures i have found so far. The sunburst one in Catawiki is mine. I attach a picture of my bass.

Eko.bass.jpg

21 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

What kind of info are you looking for? I don't mean to sound rude but this just looks like a budget p bass copy, not sure what you're expecting to find out?

How many of these have been manufactured? When it has been manufactured? I used to collect rare brands of left handed P-bass copies, Fresher, Yamato, Maya etc. Now I am living with two lefty Yamaha BB300s from 1989 and this EKO.