Why become a member? ×

Fender 50's Classic Precision Black/Maple with Fralin Pickups - *SOLD*
£600
SE London

realmasslove

Hi everyone,

I have decided to sell my beloved Fender Classic 50’s Precision bass in black. I have always thought of this as “the one”, but hey 😂

The Classic series basses are highly regarded among bass players worldwide, and in my opinion, they are one of the best (if not the best) value guitars from Fender. If you have been around this or other bass forums, you have probably seen discussions and praise of these basses.

I have handled several of these basses, and this is the best one I’ve had. It looks absolutely stunning in black with a maple neck and aluminium pickguard; it’s very light (around 3.8 kg on my scale) and comfortable to play. The neck width is 1.75” (44mm), but it’s pretty thin front to back, and to me, this neck feels superior and easier to play than most other Fender Precision models. I was playing a Fender Jaguar Bass before this one with one of the slimmest necks on the market, and I had no issues playing this bass. In fact, I absolutely love the neck on this. The back of the neck has a played-in satin feel, not sticky at all.

I believe this to be a 2006-2007 model. In terms of specs, the bass has an alder body, a maple neck, US-made hardware with full-size vintage reverse tuners and a vintage bridge. I have upgraded the pickups with Fralin vintage pickups, which give this bass a lot more definition in the mix. I will include the original Fender pickups – they are not bad at all, just a bit less defined and detailed. I have reused the original covers for the Fralins installed, so the Fender pickups have brand new covers.

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

The overall condition of the bass is good, but it’s no safe queen, and I have played it a lot. It has a few paint chips: one can be seen in the photos, and another is under the pickguard where the body meets the neck. There is another mark on the back of the neck by the first fret. And there is buckle rash on the back, of course. None of this affects playability. Frets have a lot of life in them and the action is nice and low.

You can pick this up in SE London or I can potentially travel somewhere. I am happy to post this as well, we just need to work out a quote. It can be shipped in standard Fender double boxes + Fender Deluxe Gig bag, or I have an older hard case I can include (in the photos).

You can also see/hear this bass here: 

or here: 

Cheers.
Seva

Edited by realmasslove
  • Like 10

I have one of these, in Fiesta Red. It has become my favourite P bass ever, and I've owned a few Inc some US models.

These are superbly built, sound great and are very comfortable to play. Mine is definitely a keeper.

I'd be tempted to put a black pickguard on this, to make it look JJ Burnel-esque..... GLWTS 

• realmasslove changed the title to Fender 50's Classic Precision Black/Maple with Fralin Pickups SOLD