Why become a member? ×

YouTube Bass Play-Alongs and Bass Tracks + TABS

• 2 weeks later...

There was always a debate if the two high notes are D and C natural or D and C#. As I looked through the comments on YouTube, a lot of people pointed out to other bass players that they played it wrong. Recently, I’ve subscribed to Moises app which uses AI to isolate an instrument track from a song. It’s a great tool and works well unless the frequencies collide. For instance, it doesn’t work well with a slap bass line as it recognizes the plucked notes as a guitar. However, it works great with standard low register basslines. It turns out that David "Hooks” Williams played D and C natural. There are a lot of publications that got it wrong. One of them is “The Funkmasters - The Great James Brown Rhythm Sections 1960-1973: For Guitar, Bass and Drums” which I treated like a bible. Yesterday, I also wrote a comment on Stuart Clayton’s video where he teaches this song. He also got it wrong and responded on my comment: “Yes, you're right, I did the same thing with Moises recently. Oops.”. Funny how an app can change our perspective what we're used to.

• Like 4