Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM 750 Evo V!

fretmeister

I tried the ABM 750 and at the time owned the 600

I couldn’t really hear any difference between the two if I’m honest, certainly not to justify the price. 

I think they should have added more features because to me it was really a black ABM600 with two VDU’s and a marginal increase in watts .. I didn’t get it sorry !  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

NAD!

Had one on order with PMT which got delayed until mid May... so I cancelled it and bought the one off eBay for the incredibly reasonable price of 825 posted, with hot covers bag, original box... seems barely used and the seller seemed lovely, genuine and responsive.

I've not used it much today, and I've only got a little room to try it in, but I'm pleased so far! Love the looks of it, and the sound is so nice, but also so easily manipulated. I can sound gritty and punchy, or fat and smooth, with a few easy alterations. I think this'll be a real workhorse of an amp for me, fingers crossed. 

Build quality appears to be incredibly good too, almost tank-like. 

Did I say it looks banging? It does.

20240402_210740.jpg

• Like 5

On 26/06/2021 at 21:38, BassmanPaul said:

All I see is the same old, same old stuff that manufacturers have been marketing for decades. The tone, full of distortion, is what I spent years trying to get away from! :(

That said I do like how they actually look. Are the speakers referred to as HH the same manufacturer as the old IC100 range of amplifiers?

21 minutes ago, AScheck9 said:

NAD!

Had one on order with PMT which got delayed until mid May... so I cancelled it and bought the one off eBay for the incredibly reasonable price of 825 posted, with hot covers bag, original box... seems barely used and the seller seemed lovely, genuine and responsive.

I've not used it much today, and I've only got a little room to try it in, but I'm pleased so far! Love the looks of it, and the sound is so nice, but also so easily manipulated. I can sound gritty and punchy, or fat and smooth, with a few easy alterations. I think this'll be a real workhorse of an amp for me, fingers crossed. 

Build quality appears to be incredibly good too, almost tank-like. 

Did I say it looks banging? It does.

20240402_210740.jpg

Nice amps and I still believe it’s very close to the ABM600 but looks nicer in black 

• Like 1