Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD: Bass Collection Jive Jazz bass - *SOLD*
£250
Plymouth

Raslee

SOLD

These basses need little introduction, believe the hype - easily on par with a Mex Fender +++

I'm selling this King Crismson red Jive bass as I've recently acquired a Maruszcszyck  jazz. I've A/B'd them both extensively the last 2 days and the Maruszcsczyck is the lighter of the two which ultimately is better for my back pain, but regarding sound and playability it really was a close one, there is truly a lot to like about this bass. Mrs Raslee is also pointing out i seem to have a few more basses than usual lately...ahem!

The Jive was recently for sale here at £250 which is what i am looking for, a total bargain for what you get. I have however since changed the pickups for Dimarzio's Ultra jazz and fitted a Guyker 2 band preamp, vast improvement in the sound department - it literally sings now and has loads of bass tone on tap -can do vintage to modern easily. 9.2lbs on the scales so really not bad. Low action, excellent condition and the mint pickguard goes lovely with the dark red colour.

I will sell the Jive with these mods for £325 or can return it standard for £250. If buying with the mods i will add the original pickups and passive bellplate to the sale.

Comes with hardcase or gig bag  - your choice.

IMG_1397.thumb.JPG.61a320dd2065b82eb076e48f13fc8feb.JPG

Edited by Raslee
  • Like 2

Can vouch for Paul....great chap to deal with and hassle free. 

Got two Bass Collections myself; a P and a J.....both fantastic instruments, never let me down and I agree, re. better than a MIM bass. 

Good luck with the sale! 

• Like 2

• Raslee changed the title to SOLD: Bass Collection Jive Jazz bass