Why become a member? ×

Now traded Fender Modern Player Jazz Bass 2014 - with awesome non-original neck
£495
Chorley, Lancs., PR6

ead

I know it is fashionable to say this, but I'm putting this bass up for sale with genuine sadness, but I have another bass that does all the things this one does but with an active option too.  I have owned the bass for a little while and have enjoyed playing it immensely, the replacement neck (see below) is amazing and I have debated with myself whether to just part out the bass and keep the neck for another bass.

The pickup switch and individual volume controls afford great flexibility along with the master tone control of course.  A high mass Fender bridge is standard and the bass comes in at 4.1kgs on my scales; pretty decent for a J bass.  A Fender gig bag included.

I have added a picture of the original serial number as the one on the reverse of the headstock does not reflect the right vintage etc.

Price is £495.  I would much prefer to hand over / meet up however is you live in a far-flung part of the kingdom then a courier is probably inevitable.  I have a box and packaging and will wrap it up well, but you will need to make the arrangements.  I work from home mostly so will be able to make sure that I'm around when the courier calls.

Trades considered, but most likely to be tempted by a P bass with cash either way depending on the flavour.

This is the Mk2 version of the Modern Player Jazz and has rotary selector/volume/volume/tone and an edge socket.  The selector has 4 positions per below.  You can then blend/vary as you wish:

1. Neck + Bridge

2. Neck + Outer Coil of Bridge

3. Outer Coil of Neck + Bridge

4. Outer Coil of Neck + Outer Coil of Bridge

Body:  Alder

Body Finish:  Satin Polyester

Body Shape:  Jazz Bass®

Bridge:  4-Saddle Fender® HiMass™

Colour:  Satin Black

Control Knobs:  Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®

Controls:  Pickup/coil switch, Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone

Country Of Origin:  CN

Fingerboard:  Maple now Roasted Maple

Fingerboard Radius:  9.5" (241 mm) same for new neck

Fret Size:  Jumbo now medium jumbo

Hardware Finish:  Chrome

Pickups:  2 x Modern Player Humbucking Jazz Bass®

Neck Finish:  Gloss Polyester Gloss urethane finish on fingerboard and headstock face; satin finish on back of neck

Neck Material:  Maple now Roasted Maple

Neck Shape:  "C" Shape now Modern “C” shape

Number of Frets:  20

Nut Material:  Synthetic Bone

Nut Width:  1.5" (38.1 mm)

Orientation:  Right-Hand

Pickguard:  1-Ply Black

Pickup Configuration:  HH

Position Inlays:  Black Dot

Scale Length:  34" (86.36 cm)

Truss Rods:  Vintage-Style Butt Adjust now modern style adjustment

Tuning Machines:  Standard Open-gear now Hipshot lightweight tuners

Here is the link to Andy's thread:

Here are the pics.  Please let me know if you want to see anything else.

Edited by ead
  • Like 1

• ead changed the title to Now traded Fender Modern Player Jazz Bass 2014 - with awesome non-original neck
  • gary mac locked this topic