Why become a member? ×

Fender Custom Shop Precision Bass Case - *SOLD*
£140
Essex

Up for sale is a beautiful genuine Fender Custom Shop case for the Precision Bass

For all intents and purposes it is new but this is one tiny mark you might just see in the last picture. All the locks work and the key is there too.

internal dimensions width 32cm and 118cm to the bottom of the strap button. These dimensions are without "compressing" the bit in the middle designed to hold the body, so I think it would compress to give a width of 32.5/33cm. Can supply more  dimensions on request.

So if you have a custom shop Precision Bass and would like a hard case to match, this is for you.  As the ordinary cases are £149 I reckon this Custom Shop version is a bargain.

Looking to get back what I mistakenly paid for it as I thought it fitted Jazz basses - gutted !!

Collection in Essex or Central London welcome .Can also ship at buyers cost.

David

26A407F2-18F9-4C8D-8D50-FF3C39A51D80.jpeg

081710EF-D82F-4D76-8172-D8657112D633.jpeg

E0465D9E-2BDD-4EA0-9108-A404F901C491.jpeg

5E8D2EAE-EE42-470E-BA9C-4C2014A181E1.jpeg

1212A678-DFA8-446E-AE49-83DB785DD662.jpeg

B119AF3E-034D-4C7A-9A2E-018FF46C3D31.jpeg

9AFA71AB-01F4-45E9-98D6-5B1AE218D2FF.jpeg

ADE26E0C-2C7A-4CB1-AC9A-79C05095A386.jpeg

Edited by Risk101
Sold

• Risk101 changed the title to Fender Custom Shop Case

Having listed this as potentially for a guitar, having checked dimensions on the web, I'm increasingly convinced (as a custom shop case) its made for a Precision Bass! I don't have a P bass, so if any of you P bass owners know the overall length of the standard P, and the width of the body at the widest point it would be great to hear from you.

Cheers

My MIA P bass is 117cm long (including the strap button) and 32.5cm wide. 

I also have a non-fender Telecaster style guitar which is 20cm shorter but the body width is the same as the bass.

I think a Jazz bass, allowing for the offset body is a couple of centimetres longer than the P bass. 

Based on your measurements I would say the case will fit a P bass. 

Edited by Velarian

2 hours ago, Velarian said:

My MIA P bass is 117cm long (including the strap button) and 32.5cm wide. 

I also have a non-fender Telecaster style guitar which is 20cm shorter but the body width is the same as the bass.

I think a Jazz bass, allowing for the offset body is a couple of centimetres longer than the P bass. 

Based on your measurements I would say the case will fit a P bass. 

That’s really helpful - thanks! Yes my jazz basses are 121/123cms long and a fair bit wider! Silly me!

I’ll change the subject to “P” bass case. It would clearly be far too long for a guitar. Thanks again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Risk101 said:

That’s really helpful - thanks! Yes my jazz basses are 121/123cms long and a fair bit wider! Silly me!

I’ll change the subject to “P” bass case. It would clearly be far too long for a guitar. Thanks again.

It’s a very nice case. If I lived a bit nearer I might be tempted.

GLWTS

• Risk101 changed the title to Fender Custom Shop Precision Bass Case

Ok, so after further information, this is definitely for a Precision Bass and a lovely original Custom Shop case it is. You can't buy these separately and they only come with custom shop basses, I think at a cost of around £300. I bought it thinking it would also fit a jazz bass, but now its pretty obvious with the neck support straight up the middle that it will only fit a P Bass - Doh !!

The search for a Custom Shop Jazz case continues - meanwhile you P bass owners, get yourself a lovely hard case. I don't know, but suspect it is most suited to a 4 string P.

PM me if you need more info.

• Risk101 changed the title to SOLD: Fender Custom Shop Precision Bass Case