Why become a member? ×

How'd you adjust a sire trussrod?

spencer.b

If you did not get allen keys with the bass, it could be worth buying a full set (they come at arounf £15 on amazon) so you also get the small ones for the string height at the bridge which you may also want to adjust after moving the truss rod. By the way, I am not so sure adding relief would get the strings down, though I am still learning about setup.

My advice, which may or may not be of help, is to check the Fender guide to setup and follow it by the letter. After you have done that, you can adjust truss rod or height at the bridge if need be (if you get buzz up to the fifth fret, maybe you need a bit more relief, after the fifth maybe better increasing height at the bridge, if you do not get any buzz maybe you can try going a bit lower).

To follow the Fender guide however you also need a capo, a gauge feeler, a metal ruler with marks down to the 0.5mm at least, and tools to measure neck radius (although you may know that already). I believe you can buy all this stuff (including allen keys) for a total of £40ish. Which is some money but I think it is worth it. I had long tried to do my setup in more "improvised" ways but with mixed success. Then I decided to do everything by the book with the Fender guide on my Sire V5 and everything was suddenly ok