Why become a member? ×

Zoom MS-60b help

DaleASmith

Hi people.

I searched for help on here but couldn't find what I needed so I've started a new topic.

When setting up a patch on the Zoom MS 60b, the issue I'm having is that each "pedal" in my patch requires turning on and off individually. For example, I have an Auto Q and a Big Muff as one patch. When I scroll to the patch, the footswitch activates both pedals initially. but then each pedal operates separately rather than the full patch. ie, If I turn the Zoom 60b off, it will only deactivate the first pedal in the chain, and not the full patch.
Clearly I want these to turn on/off at the same time...
anyone one familiar with this pedal?

IIRC I don't believe the MS60b is capable of doing what you want. You can either use it in stompbox mode, where you can only switch the displayed effect on/off, or in preset mode, where the footswitch will scroll up through a specified list of presets.

The only way I can think of to do what you want it to have duplicate presets with the same effects, one with the specific effect engaged and one without them engaged and switch between them in preset mode. I used to do a similar thing when I had mine and cycle through them. Having duplicates of my main, clean patch between each effected patch work like an on/off. For example

A - main patch

B - duplicate main patch + chorus

C - duplicate main patch

D - duplicate main patch + drive

Otherwise, an upgrade my be in order. I believer the B3n and new B6 have the same effect and are more geared up for switching mutiple effect on and off within a patch.

Or if you want to get your hands dirty, I believe some enterprising users manage to work out a way to use and external usb midi swticher to give more control over the MS60b.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, paul_5 said:

If you put the ‘line selector’ effect as the first then whatever you put after that are all controlled by the line selector - it turns everything after it either on or off at the same time.

Thank you. This is the solution.. I saved the patch with effects pedals on and the line selector first in line and on bypass. Hit the pedal and both pedals are there...

cheers...

3 hours ago, paul_5 said:

If you put the ‘line selector’ effect as the first then whatever you put after that are all controlled by the line selector - it turns everything after it either on or off at the same time.

Awesome. I completely forgot about that feature. It does use up an effect block though. I kind of wish I had kept one of mine now (I had two of them).  It would make a great backup if my helix ever failed.

Edited by Greg Edwards69
  • Like 1