Why become a member? ×

Bassbags

dazza14

Having a right ol' time dealing with Bassbags in Derby.

I ordered some new double bass strings on the 17th March, received an email confirming the order (they took the money from my account that day) and I was informed I would receive them within 5 days.

Five days came and went and nothing.

On the sixth day I decided to email them to make sure everything was fine (expecting an email saying they were en route) maybe they 'despatched' them in 5 days, not delivered them. Nothing. No reply to the message.

I then ring them up and leave a voicemail. Nothing.

So I send another email immediately afterwards. I get a reply saying they would look into this... that was lunchtime Friday...

I didn't expect anything to be done over the weekend, but today, no news, I've messaged again but, once again... no news.

I'm not slating the company, I'm guessing my order wasn't sent out when it should have been but the silence thing is annoying given that all it would take is them chucking the strings in the post and telling me to expect them. I have a gig this weekend and it looks like I'll be using my 2nd bass instead.

I remember emailing them a while ago about hiring a bass, it took a few days before they replied.

Slightly off topic, I looked on their website when I was looking for DB strings, they actually seemed quite expensive. Thomann was much cheaper.

• Like 1

I received an email telling me that the strings I was after won't be in stock until the end of April (so a little under five weeks).

I've asked for a refund so I can find them elsewhere but it's the same thing on other suppliers, no stock until end of April, so I've found a set on Thomann that I like that are - like Ambient said - a little cheaper.

I understand keeping up to date with stock can be tricky when you hold lots of different stock but should it take emails and phone calls to tell me that I won't get my order for six weeks?

Whinge over.