Why become a member? ×

FFS new computer set up

lurksalot

All went well ....

reaper

focusrite
ASIO

Waves plugins ...oh bollocks , checked all the tutorials and it seems so straightforward except non of it is doing what it should and now I can’t access the licenses or plug ins on either machine 

totally racked off , 4 hrs and I just want to through the f**king lot away 

rant will continue at some point when I can face trying again 

• Sad 6

I've never had fun with waves, I've ditched the bundle I used and I have literally 2 plug-ins now, the Abbey Road Plates and an analog EQ model thats very funky, I bought perpetual licenses for both so I don't have to deal with the subscription service...

If they're hooky, you're going to have even more problems, I've had to strip whole systems down to get rid of pirated Waves plug-ins.

There are better sounding plug-ins by the bucketload, Sound Toys, UAD2, Sonnox etc.

Edited by WinterMute
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

... but you're right, they're a pain in the wotsit. I think I may have kept one or two (checks... Yes, the Abbey Road bundle stuff...), but I wouldn't fight hard to keep it all for the faff it entails. Ignore Waves for now, and get the thing up and running first. Come back to it after a decade or so... -_-

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

... but you're right, they're a pain in the wotsit. I think I may have kept one or two (checks... Yes, the Abbey Road bundle stuff...), but I wouldn't fight hard to keep it all for the faff it entails. Ignore Waves for now, and get the thing up and running first. Come back to it after a decade or so... -_-

I don’t feel so bad now having read that the brand is a proper pain in the arris !

the b1tch is that they were pretty much my go to FX and splashed all over this months entry , which I haven’t rendered to wav yet.

now I know that the tutorials are utter bollox and I might have lost them , I will try some random approaches and see what happens. If I have less expectation, the disappointment and anger will probably be tamed a touch ! 

I’ve got the old machine back up , by the same process  I might get the new one running with any luck.

download the offline ‘downloaded’ and install each vst ...individually

🤦‍♂️

ed to add 

entry now rendered 😂

Edited by lurksalot
  • Thanks 1

Weighed in , weighed in ...waves products are now loaded and working on the new machine .

That was hard work but I am a novice at this stuff , and hopefully will last another 10 years or so before I have to do it again ! 

now for the izotope, kontact, and all the other bits and pieces of random software that I occasionally use 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a complete contrast , the izotope and eventide products installed as sweet as a nut , not that quick to actually do it all , but much less of a faff.

this might be that I got into the swing of it , or more like the instructions actually worked .

game on now, on the super fast new toy 👍