Why become a member? ×

Alternatives to the Bass Bar (double bass stand)

gapiro

33 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

I've had two of these since they came out, one of which gets used at every gig (and I do half a dozen a month), never a problem yet. 

Genuinely astonished at your experience. 😱

the first one went in the middle of a theatre show, when I had to do a quick DB to EB change - put the DB onto the bass bar and it just sank and started tipping over, much to my serious alarm.
Second one I was just putting the bass on the bar for a lesson and ping, the leg came off :( 

• Sad 1

On 23/02/2022 at 18:24, haruki said:

yes Im surprised too...mine has been in use pretty much every day for past 3-4 years without a problem.... do you tend  to (ahem) spread the legs out quite wide??

Reasonably - per the picture - usually about an inch to 1.5 inches / (3-4cm) from the bottom

52 minutes ago, gapiro said:

Reasonably - per the picture - usually about an inch to 1.5 inches / (3-4cm) from the bottom

Don't know if its relevant but that's lower than I normally use .... I have mine  so the collar bit is about 10inches off the ground....

...my issue has been knocking the bass on leg sometimes so I have bodged extra foam padding on two legs- unsightly but it works.

IMG_20220228_150248521_HDR.thumb.jpg.ea2555126b4e2c12efc24c17e116c4f9.jpg